About Alyssa Richards
Alyssa Richards is a mystery/thriller author who lives in the South with her husband and two children. She recently published her second supernatural thriller called Somewhere in Time and is currently working on a gothic contemporary love story as well as the third book in The Fine Art of Deception Series. Alyssa’s writing is influenced by her curiosity with ghosts and the supernatural world. Alyssa enjoys travel, nurturing her herb and rose garden and holds the world record for taking two dogs from homeless to pampered.
1. What Inspired You to Write Your Book? Somewhere in Time is the continuation of The Fine Art of Deception Series. It was a joy to see where the characters would go next! I think this is a series that will continue on for a while. I might be wrong, but I don’t think it can be wrapped up in just a trilogy.
2. Which writers inspire you? I’ve always loved Fanny Flagg. Even though her style isn’t my writing style, I love her flair for Southern fiction and humor.
3. Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special? Addie Montgomery is a psychic with the gift of psychometry. She also sees ghosts. In The Fine Art of Deception she was struggling to come to grips with these gifts since she couldn’t find any external acceptance for them. Only judgment or exploitation. In Somewhere in Time we’ll see if she’s gained any peace with who she is.
4. What genre are your books? Mystery/Thriller/Suspense — Supernatural
5. What draws you to this genre? I’ve always loved a good mystery. Weave a little something supernatural through it and give it a romantic middle and I’m pleased as punch.
6. Where do your ideas come from? God only knows. I like to think of inspiration as magic, I try to respect it as such.
7. Is there any marketing technique you used that had an immediate impact on your sales figures? No. I love writing, so I write. If people love the stories, all the better.
8. What is your favourite motivational phrase or positive saying. What does this mean to you? “Pure unconditional love never causes any pain or worry, but only peace and joy.” It reminds me that this is what life is all about — learning to improve our kindness and caring, and to grow in our ability to help and love one another.
9. What is your favourite book and why? To Kill a Mockingbird. I think the tell tale sign of a truly great story is that it can be told from any character’s point of view. Not many books fit this bill, but To Kill a Mockingbird certainly does. I would love to hear that story told from any of those characters’ points of view!
10. What is your favourite quote and why? Right now it’s “True Love Stories Don’t Have Endings” Because I believe that’s the truth 🙂
Connect with Alyssa:
Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter |Goodreads | Google + | Instagram |Pinterest